Between Light, Shadow & Bloom
The sky has always fascinated me.
Not the postcard-blue kind, but the ones that can't seem to make up their mind. A little sunlight. A little darkness. Clouds drifting in every direction as if they're carrying stories they haven't told yet.
I used to think clarity came with bright skies. Now I'm not so sure.
Sometimes, it's the clouds that make me stop. They force me to look longer, to notice the light slipping through places I would've ignored otherwise. Maybe clarity isn't something we arrive at. Maybe it's something we discover while learning to sit with uncertainty.
And then, almost as if nature wants the last word, there are flowers.
They bloom without asking if the weather is right. They don't wait for certainty or permission. They simply become what they were meant to be.
I wonder if we're meant to do the same.
Maybe we're not supposed to choose between light and shadow. Maybe both are necessary. One helps us see. The other helps us grow.
So today, I looked up at the sky.
Then, I looked down at the flowers.
One reminded me that it's okay not to have all the answers.
The other reminded me that life doesn't wait for them.
And somewhere between the two, I felt... lighter.

Comments